Thursday, September 22, 2005

Have you seen Mary Sue?

Right. Sorry for not updating the novel; I'm still thinking about my next plot movement. Story dump forthcoming. Wait, none of that sounded right. Also, I have a bitterly sardonic cold. Didn't know viruses had personalities.
--
I found this article about the phenomenon in fiction of the Mary Sue archetype. I promise, that neither of the two main characters in this novel are based on me. When it comes to injecting my personality into stories, it usually happens with secondary, unimportant characters, or maybe a phrase I would use will find its way into someone's mouth. Nothing major. I'd much rather meet new people than myself. I already like myself far more than is healthy; but you already know that if you read my other blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

My blog about life in Japan

An explanation of the experiment

Most recently started chapter

CHAPTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter16


Writing related
Neil
Jenny
Resources
Chris
Logorrhea
Litkicks
Bookblog
Other blog novels
Like Plastic
A blog about writing, and also containing my writings, most notably my next novel