Thursday, September 29, 2005

(another update to chapter 7, which I think is finished) Now to touch up some past chapters; I think I need to take out a certain blood-drinking scene... or maybe not... I'm not sure if it gave away too much too soon or what, because I want people to drop their pre-concieved ideas about this "vampire," as he is hardly one in the traditional sense.
Oh and I think I've come up with a good title for the novel, finally.
Also, I wanto to get the sequel to "En Passant" out of my head and onto paper before I forget it. I think Steven King said if you forget an idea it probably wasn't that great in the first place; Steven King, however, doesn't know me or how --what's that word again, ah yes*-- absentminded I am.

On writing**, From the "Oh, I wanna be that guy" deptarment:
Thomas Pynchon is a reclusive American novelist possessed by a certain eclectic genius, an architect of literary structures that range from immense tesseracts to tiny, perfect gems. Charting a dizzying course through the worlds hidden in the curve between the blue depths of Absolute Zero and the ineffable awareness of the Universe Entire, his works explore the vast space between Burroughs’ shlupp! and Joyce’s yes. Author of only a quintet of novels and a few short stories, his creations have been hailed as some of the most original works to have been transmuted from the decay of the twentieth century.
Pynchon’s style of writing is unique, electrifying, and complex. A potential map to self-awareness as well as an intricate puzzle-box, this postmodern Deadalus has paradoxically constructed his verbal mazes not to confound, but to reveal. Simply put, his iconoclastic prose is both gnostic in intention and delightful in execution. Like the labyrinthine chains of DNA coiled in the nucleus of life, it is often dense and convoluted in structure, but the encoded message is shimmering, elusive, and profound. And, like life itself, it presents equal measures of beauty and obscenity, awareness and obfuscation, comedy and tragedy.


*: I wish I could say that was a joke but I really did forget the term absent-minded for about a minute :(
**:No, not another Steven King reference (if you get this you get this).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

My blog about life in Japan

An explanation of the experiment

Most recently started chapter

CHAPTERS
Chapter 1
Chapter2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter16


Writing related
Neil
Jenny
Resources
Chris
Logorrhea
Litkicks
Bookblog
Other blog novels
Like Plastic
A blog about writing, and also containing my writings, most notably my next novel